WE'VE MOVED!

This site can now be found at http://www.bobosroom.com. Please updated your bookmarks and RSS feed accordingly.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ideas to inspire: A pink and brown modern nursery

In case you've missed it, pink and brown seem to be the "new black" when it comes to decorating baby girl nurseries.  I see it popping up everywhere.

Today's inspiration nursery is a nice illustration of how to do it really well.


Late at night, when I should be sleeping, I sometimes hop around on different parenting blogs.  One I really like is Harper's Happenings, written by a mom named Mandy.  If you haven't checked it out, there are some touching and entertaining reads on there.  And even though the Type-A in me secretly wants to go through and capitalize all of her sentences, I find myself drawn back pretty regularly to her blog.

Anyway, Mandy has some pictures of little Harper's nursery posted on her blog, with some great inspiration ideas.

The pink and brown color combination helps set the stage.  It's feminine and classic, but the taupe on the walls adds a modern, contemporary look that keeps it from being too frilly.

I also like the tree wall decal that adorns one of the corners.  She's hung a little birdcage hook from one of the tree branches, which really completes the look.

My favorite thing, though, is probably the paper lanterns hanging in the corner above the crib.  I imagine most babies would be fascinated by them.  Perhaps they would help them drift off to sleep and dream of giant pink gumballs.  I've written before about using found objects in unexpected places for effect, and this is a great example of that.

If you'd like to see more, you can read the full post as told through Mandy's eyes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment